February 11, 2014

"Rejecting Perfection"

I know what it's like,
I understand.
It's hard to be the painting
Of someone else's hand.

They paint me so pretty,
So angelic, like perfection.
But am I really?
You can laugh at that question.

May I paint you a picture?
So real, so true.
You know that I have feelings,
Just like you.

I get mad, I get sad,
And I cry sometimes too.
Sure I am nice,
But that has a lot to do with you.

See, I'm trapped in the bubble --
Full of love which is great.
But this bubble quickly bursts,
At the slightest sign of hate.

They tell me to smile,
Don't frown or be down.
But it's really hard
To wear such a crown.

So paint me pretty and angelic
If you want to.
But remember that I'm human,
Just like you.

LaTasha B. (LB)
© 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my short stories! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)