April 30, 2015

"Rainy Days of Nostalgia"

I hate rainy days like today--
Where they make me feel sad and nostalgic...

I have to be at work
But I'm sad as hell.
I'm trying to smile
But that's hard as well...

Not all rainy days are like this--
Only some.
It just turns out that today
Happens to be one.

Passing the place--
Where love once belonged.
I look to see if my love is there
But I see no one...

Listening to James Bay "Let It Go"--
When it only makes me sad.
Thinking about you and everything
We would've had.

Sad days like this--
Really makes me feel lonely.
Time to put a fake smile now
So no one will ever know me...

LaTasha B. (LB)
© 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my short stories! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)