August 3, 2016

"Better Things Happen"

They say better things happen--
When things fall apart.
I'm just trying to fix a void--
That's been placed on my heart.

I'm just praying for a smile--
To return to my face.
I'm just waiting for everything--
To fall back into place.

Seems like a road block--
In every direction.
But I know that I'll be fine--
I'm under God's protection.

They say it will take time--
But I'm tired of waiting.
I'm on the edge of my seat--
Anticipating.

They say things could get worse--
But they can be better.
Writing to my future self--
In a handwritten letter.

Nobody said it would be easy--
Life is sometimes hard.
So, I spread my love and hope--
Inside of every card.

Praying for things to change--
Holding on to hope.
Maybe one day--
I'll learn how to cope.

In the meantime--
I'll just hope for the best.
In the meantime--
I'll just pray to pass this test.

LaTasha B.
© 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my short stories! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)