June 10, 2016

"Time to Grow Up"

The ringing in my ears--
Sounds more like a buzz.
I'm trying to think back--
To the person, I was.

Carefree, adventurous--
Yes, that was me.
But now it's more of--
Who I want to be.

No one told me--
That my life would change.
And everything that happened--
Would make me act so strange.

I'm used to comfortable--
Affordable, yeah, that's me.
Now I'm pushing harder--
Than I want to be.


Wondering if all of this--
Will end in a collapse?
And if it really does--
Would it cause a relapse?

I'm trying to remember--
Back to the old me.
But I guess it's time to grow up--
That's how life is supposed to be.

LaTasha B.
© 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my short stories! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)