June 8, 2016

"Tired"

Tired of trying--
With no means to an end.
Crying out for help--
A message I send.

Tired of being--
Who I am.
Taking fake pictures--
In front of a cam.

I'm all smiles--
But they're wearing out.
This life, this world--
Is not what I'm about.

Faking smiles--
Even when it hurts.
Chasing boys--
'Cause I'm a flirt.

Life is harder--
When you're depressed.
Praying to God--
To get me out of this mess.

But in this life--
There's God and you.
And there are choices--
No matter what you do.

You can aim for joy--
Or you can stay in pain.
Like blood on a carpet--
It's just a stain.

I'm tired of complaining--
So, I'll try harder this year.
And keep smiling--
As I push through the fear.

LaTasha B.
© 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thank you so much for reading my short stories! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)